September 10, 2011

NEEDS OF THE REAL WORLD


A WIFE’S LONELINESS



There are many examples of loneliness in the Bible. Some of these are Elijah, Jeremiah and Paul. There are also many reasons for loneliness. One woman’s loneliness may not be another woman’s.

Loneliness just like anything else can become the main thought pattern of your life. When it becomes the only thing you dwell on it will draw you away from the Lord.
It will capture you. That is when the focus becomes on us and not on the Lord. The tempter then can take us into many areas of loneliness but we must remember that the Lord can overcome these things. He is powerful. Sometimes we get so ensnared in the loneliness that we cannot focus on what the Lord can do for us to help us with the loneliness.

There is a chorus of a song I like to sing when I am lonely.


You’ll never be lonely again never again.
If you will open your hearts door to Him,
He will brush away your tears and forget your
Foolish fears, you’ll never be lonely again.
Never Again.


Now some may say, this little chorus is talking about coming to know Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord. The songwriter may have been talking about that but for me, when I am lonely there are many different things that make me lonely. Sometimes it is tears and sometimes it is foolish fears. If I open my heart to Him I won’t be lonely. The circumstances may not have changed around me but I will feel and know His presence and I will feel peaceful.

There are many Bible verses that we can use during our lonely times.

Psalm 9:9,10 says The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For you, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Those are powerful words for any of us who suffer with loneliness. Be aware that loneliness can be a struggle that we deal with all of our lives but also be aware that God is the one to give the victory during those lonely times. He wants to hear you say to Him that you are lonely and that you need Him to help you. Don’t delay always pray.