September 10, 2011

CHECK IT OUT


Life Interrupted, Navigating the Unexpected
By Priscilla Shirer



I don’t usually select a book because of it’s title, but the title of this book caught my interest. In Life Interrupted Navigating the Unexpected Priscilla Shirer wants to help us see that life’s interruptions are really God’s divine interruptions. In our lives when something doesn’t go the way we planned we often blame God for this interruption in our life. Priscilla reminds us that God is there, “He is right in the middle of every interruption.”

By taking an in depth look at Jonah and how he dealt with the interruptions in his life, Ms. Shirer shows us how we need to seek God’s forgiveness for our sin and allow God to use these interruptions for His glory. She also reminds us that our God is a God of second chances.

This paragraph from the book sums it up pretty well, “My purpose in writing this book is primarily to help folks like you and me learn how to see our life interruptions as divine interventions and begin surrendering to the authority and sovereignty of the Lord Jesus Christ. I also want to remind us to receive and respond well to our second chances when we’ve blown the first ones.”

I wasn’t expecting to learn so many lessons from the life of Jonah, but the author has done a good job of showing me how I need to learn from Jonah and let God have control of my life’s interruptions.