November 9, 2009

TOGETHER THROUGH PRAYER

“But Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” 1 Cor. 15:57

Recently I have been struggling with worry. Having two babies at home lends opportunity for this new mother to worry. Uncertainty causes me to worry. Putting on an extra pound or two causes me to worry. The thought of harm or danger coming to my family causes me to worry.

I shared the growing struggle of mine with a woman I greatly respect. She directed me to Philippians 4: 6-7, which says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” She reminded me that scripture says we have not because we ask not. She also reminded me to thank Him for His answers.

I did bring my requests to the Lord as I was tempted to steep in my worry. Each time the worry re-appears in my mind, I remind myself that my life and the life of my family is in the Lord’s hands and He has our best in mind. Claiming these truths and choosing to believe them gives me the peace of God, which does go beyond my understanding.

Join me in praying:
“Lord, thank you that because of Jesus we can have victory over sin. Please show me an area in my life today where I need to confess sin that is keeping me from serving you. I want to be free to serve you with my whole mind, body and soul. Thank you Jesus. Amen”