July 10, 2012

NEEDS OF THE REAL WORLD


Being Emptied…To Make Room for God

What does “being empty” mean?  Empty means nothing is left.  So in light of this topic emptied means to have nothing of “myself” in the way but only God.  If we want to be filled up with God we have to be emptied of self.

Sometimes God has to really work with me to be emptied so that there is room for God.  I like to hold on to things.  I like how it feels though when I am emptied just for God.  I feel frustrated when I know the heaviness is upon my heart of holding on to things.  When I release them to the Lord it feels so good it is like a big back pack has been lifted off of my back. Sometimes I can pray myself and give God the situation and sometimes I physically have to lift up my hands up to the heavens and say, “God I need to be shown today that you love me in your own special way”  “God I don’t know how this certain situation can be fixed Lord but you do and I am just going to back out of the situation and watch you work”  “I am so lonesome today Lord please let me feel your love to me.”    It feels so good to let go.  I know it is the verses I have quoted before, Proverbs 3:5, 6, Trust in the Lord with all of your heart. God knew that I would want to keep part of my heart from myself so He put that verse there for me with all my heart. If you have ever experienced letting go of something it is a total feeling of emptiness just waiting, watching or leaning on Him alone.  No worries, no fretting just wait on Him for each new thing.  The song writer says “Room for Jesus King of Glory, hasten now his will obey.”  It is obedience on my part to leave it with God.

What a victorious life it would be if I could continually lean on Him alone each day and not allow the evil one to cause any disruptions in my life.  That is why we need to be on guard.  Be watchful.  Then, listen to the Holy Spirit and obey.  God wants all of me.  He just doesn’t want part of me.  I have known that concept for a long time.  Yet in my flesh, I don’t allow Him to have all of me because either I don’t think He can handle it or I just want to keep hanging on to it.  Whatever the reason, God needs to prune me so that I get rid of things so that my cup is empty of myself and so that I can be full of God Himself.

Prayer:  “Lord Jesus sometimes it is so hard for me to lean on you.  My flesh wants to hold on to things or control my ideas myself.  Lord it is such a heavy feeling to carry these burdens around with me.  I long for the fresh, emptied feeling within my heart.  Lord please help me today to be watchful if Satan catches me in a snare and if he does to immediately go to you in prayer with it.  Help me also to listen to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to guide each situation in my life.  Thank you Lord.  This I pray through Jesus Christ our Savior.  Amen