March 4, 2010

IDEAS THAT WORK

BY LORI WILLARD

HEALTH for BODY (Physical) SOUL (Mind, Will, Emotions) SPIRIT (Spiritual)

Read: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 14:7-8;
Romans 12:1-2

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit! God commands that no one (ourselves included) is to defile or destroy our bodies! We are the Lord’s! We are to come apart from the world’s behavior! We must offer our bodies to Him, as a living sacrifice, for His service! Strong words for His people!

Do the following questions sound familiar?

How do I change my body, mind, will, emotions and spirit to reflect a transformed life? Do I want to be healed in all areas of my life? Do I want to fully serve the Lord? Do I only pay attention to my health when a crisis hits? How can I work for Him while I neglect the gift of life the Lord has given me? Do I see that neglect as a sin against the Lord?

We will address these thoughts in the next issues of Heartline. Resources will be shared to help improve your life and others around you.

When visiting a Naturopathic Doctor, she questioned, “Why do people in ministry push hard, give everything to ministry, and yet don’t take care of themselves? If you ever get a chance to tell others in ministry to take care of themselves, do it!”

CHOOSE LIFE! As I read Deuteronomy 30:19-20, the Lord impressed upon me that I had a responsibility to fulfill. It was simple. Make the decision to choose life. The Holy Spirit will come alongside to strengthen us.

Will you choose life?

Resource: Medical (Allopathic) Doctors (MDs) treat patients through medications (which mask root causes) and surgery. They are good at diagnosing symptoms. Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) treat patients through nutrition, supplements and exercise. NDs are good at dealing with root causes to stimulate the body’s natural healing process. Check out www.naturopathic.org to find an ND near you.