March 4, 2010

HELPFUL HINTS FOR HOME

Spring is in the air, and with it comes Spring Cleaning! I used to be one of those people who would take a day and clean my house from top to bottom. It felt great to accomplish so much and to put my feet up at the end of the day with a clean house. Now that I have two children under two, I have had to modify my approach to cleaning. No longer do I have the luxury of taking a whole day to clean our house, much less taking time for spring cleaning that needs to be done. My house is just not as company ready as it used to be.

I was visiting at my girlfriend’s house and noticed a cute box on her kitchen countertop. The little tag attached to the tin box said “Spring Clean Year Round.” When I asked her about it, she explained that inside were cards that break down house cleaning chores at various intervals (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly etc…) Following the cards, she can clean a little bit each day. She received this box as a gift, but gave me the blog spot where one can go to see how the system works and order a box if desired: www.cleanyearround.blogspot.com. Perhaps you may be interested to go to this site and order a box. Or maybe you could read about it and get some ideas on how to create a system of your own for breaking down your house cleaning chores. Happy Cleaning!