June 30, 2009

HELPFUL HINTS FOR HOME

From Kristie Swenson
Are you sick of cooking the same old thing every month for supper? After only three years of marriage, I already found myself in the rut of repeating my menu plan. Then my mom tipped me off to a better way to meal plan that takes advantage of the weekly deals in the supermarket ad and provides new, good recipes.

1. Check out your local grocery ad from the newspaper or online and mark down the sale meat and/or vegetables your family likes.

2. Go online to www.allrecipes.com

3. At allrecipes.com, there is a search box where you can type in an ingredient(s). (I will often times type in the sale meat or vegetable to see what new recipe I can make with them.) The site will display all of the recipes that include that particular ingredient.

4. Print off the recipe(s) you would like to use.

5. Plan out your meals for the week and make a grocery list.

6. At the grocery store stick to your list or you may overbuy and overspend!

This website will give ingredients, directions, and the nutrition facts of each recipe, It also has ratings, reviews and recipe tweaking suggestions from other viewers. I have found this site to be very helpful. Other sites that I have found and liked are: www.cookinglight.com and www.rachaelray.com