June 30, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Interview with
KAY RAMSBACHER
by Mary Pollestad

Kay is the mother of one daughter. Her husband serves Bethel Community in Culbertson, Montana and Faith Free in Brockton, Montana.

When I asked Kay what she felt her ministry was within the church she said she thought it was “Filling in the Gaps”. “As a pastor’s wife you don’t want to take over in the church you want the people to lead but when there is a need I try to fill the “gap” wherever I can when I am asked.” “Of course, she said, praying and encouraging my husband would be my first ministry calling.”

When I asked Kay about the word “Endurance” and what came to her mind she said with a lot of confidence, “It reminds me of I Peter 4:19 Commit yourself to the Savior continue doing what is good.” She said when the tough times come and the road ahead is rough don’t run and hide from it but continue in what is good.” Maybe you can’t give as much in one area but in the areas you can continue doing good for the Lord in that area.” She discussed with me that it is just simply keeping the faith at all times in the good and in the bad. She was reminded of the song “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” In that song it says to take everything to God in prayer. “That is what we must do too.” She said.

I said, “As we look at our world today and all that is going on what words of encouragement would you give to our ladies”? She said, “get involved with your community even on a small scale like the “Food Bank” and in that you will see how your little community is doing good and then the whole picture of our world doesn’t look so overwhelming.” “I guess, she said with a sigh, that helps us see that there is good going on.” “Whatever it is that you can do even on a small scale in your community will help you see how the Lord is working and that helps.” she said.

So to us gals as pastor’s wives Kay would encourage us to Commit to the Savior and continue doing what is good.