March 15, 2012

HELPFUL HINTS FOR HOME



Sunday Family Breakfast



Week day mornings were always hectic in our house. Getting kids up and ready for the school bus, a quick bowl of cereal, family devotions before heading out the door was a typical weekday.


Sundays we made time for a family breakfast. I would make something special for breakfast like coffee cake, pancakes or cinnamon rolls and we would all sit down together for breakfast before heading to church.


You might say, that would make a busy morning more hectic. For me, I found it made my Sunday morning run more smoothly. I had to plan ahead. I had to be organized. Usually by Saturday morning I had figured out what I would fix for Sunday breakfast. If we were going to have cinnamon rolls I would make them on Saturday. Other things, like coffee cake, I would get things prepped ahead of time so it only took a few minutes in the morning to mix up and get in the oven.
The kids liked having this special breakfast on Sundays. They would make suggestions on what I should fix.


The time spent around the table on Sunday mornings was a way for the kids to have time with their dad before he got busy with the church business of the day.
Even with my kids grown and mostly out of the house, when they do come home, one of the first questions they ask is “What are we having for breakfast on Sunday?”