November 15, 2011

NEEDS OF THE REAL WORLD

The Issue of Anger


Anger is a tough subject to write on because it can entail so many other emotions such as forgiveness, resentment and many more. With God’s help only can we understand this word.

We can suppress a lot of things in our lives and then explode. Sometimes the explosion is not even involving the person that you exploded to. But it seems like the cap comes off or we have had enough and the suppression of some anger issues comes out. Do not let the sun go down before the anger is settled.

Sometimes we feel people owe something to us and then the issue is who are we looking at. Then anger piles up like a lot of building blocks and as soon as it is moved it topples over and spills out.

A giving person gives and gives and if the root of that giving gets destroyed that giving turns to non giving and then it turns to resentment which in turn turns to anger

God wants us to give everything to Him, even our anger. When anger strikes our soul we should always take it to the Lord immediately. Obedience is a decision we make. Obedience is immediate. When anger is gripping our soul we have to obey and give it to the Lord immediately. Rebellion is opposite of obedience. So if rebellion takes over and we do not want to give the anger over to the Lord we then are not being obedient.

Colossians 3:8 says “But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.” Ephesians 4:31 “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you.”

These above verses speak to me. I am a Christian woman and I am to obey God’s word. His words above are what I am to do. He is not asking me if I would like to put away my anger. No, He says “Put away” which a command. As a Christian woman I have already made the choice to follow God. So in that choice I have to obey Him in everything. Not a have to with a rebellious spirit but a have to because I want Him to be in charge of my life. So as I write this the tears roll down my face and say “yes, lord I will put away my anger.” I want Jesus to be the center of my life and that means in this also.” “You take charge of that issue.”

Then a peace comes over our hearts and our souls are healed. “I will listen Lord to your commands.” Having peace in our souls is such wonderful refreshment.