February 27, 2009

NEEDS OF THE REAL WORLD

ALONE!


I know it is impossible to be with someone all of the time but I hate to be alone. Satan knows that. It grips me when I least expect it, when I am alone in the car, or getting groceries, or standing alone in the post office. Fear comes and grips my body reminding me I am alone. It holds me like two clamps, one on each shoulder, pushing into my body. It cripples me. I can’t move and my mind is bombarded with “what ifs.” My eyes start to fluctuate from side to side and my breathing is so shallow I long for a cool-cool breath of air. I am not sure that I will be able to even walk. If I give into that FEAR in my mind, for even a split second, Satan has me and I am crippled. As soon as I feel the attack of fear grip me I must pray, concentrate on the Holy Spirit, and the peace of Jesus. If I don’t, Satan has crippled me and the force is so strong that it sends me into the oppression of FEAR.
Sometimes I will grab my cell phone and dial a friend who understands. When I hear the voice I am slightly calmed, because I am not alone. As we pray together I am able to feel strength. If I don’t pray with that small pinch of faith, I am attacked even greater. Another thing that I do is to concentrate on the Bible verses from Philippians 4:6-8. When fear has gripped me for days the only thing that calms me is to know that my Bible is with me all the time. It goes in the car with me and when I park the car in the garage the Bible comes into the house with me. I know that the presence of that Bible, which is the Word of God, is all that I need. I feel free and those clamps that are pushing on me don’t seem as strong. I also ask the Lord to help me recognize the enemy’s voice no matter how subtle it is and never to entertain the attack of fear.
How can a Christian woman be fearful? Well, we each have our own areas where Satan knows he can attack us. Mine is fear of being alone. I must pray daily and search my heart and mind asking the Lord to cleanse it from the deceptions of Satan. If deception and compromise are already on my heart and mind then it leaves a hole for Satan to attack me with fear. I must ask Christ’s forgiveness, where I have allowed this to enter my mind.
I must practice listening to the Holy Spirit’s voice, which drives the subtleness of Satan out and the crippling attack of FEAR. Satan knows that when I am fearful then I am not a witness for Jesus at work or home. My prayer life is not strong. Oh Jesus forgive me when I have listened to the subtleness of Satan and allowed my mind to entertain fear, which cripples me. Thank you Jesus.