February 27, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

INTERVIEW
WITH
BARB WENTZEL


By Mary Pollestad


Our interview is with Barb Wentzel. She and her husband Craig serve Living Word in Edmore, North Dakota and Zoar of Hampden North Dakota. They have two girls, one married and living near Chicago and the other attending school in Fargo, North Dakota.

When I asked Barb what she felt her ministry was in the church, she thought for awhile and said, “Well it is serving.” “I like to be with the women and serving with them in anyway I can.” “I guess serving in practical ways would be how I would say I enjoy the most.” “I also enjoy being with the older ladies as you can learn so very much from them.” “If you aren’t a leader like I am not, just watching some of the older women handle things one can learn so much.” said Barb. Barb takes sewing in her home and she finds that it can be a ministry of its own as people might tell of their needs and then she can pray for them and their needs. Whether they be a church member or someone in the community. Another area of ministry is going with her husband to the nursing home where he holds services. She said, “You go there to minister and encourage them and you yourself end up getting back a blessing.”

When I mentioned the word FORGIVENESS to Barb the verse that came to her mind was Colossians 1:22 “Holy and Blameless Before Him. “That means so much to me.” she said.