March 9, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

An Interview With Jane Emerson


Jane Emerson is the wife of Curt Emerson. Together they serve Peace Free Lutheran in Canal Winchester, Ohio. They have three children and eight grandchildren.

My first question to Jane was what ministry did she feel was hers in the church that they are serving? Jane replied, “My main ministry in this parish is my husband.” “He and I share a bond of daily reading the Word and praying together for specific needs as well as interceding for our church family.” “God continues to use Jane in the ministry of music but God has also opened doors to use her in teaching and training women.

The next question I asked Jane was “As you compare your first years as a pastor’s wife to now what would you share with our pastor’s wives that the Lord has taught you”? “Well, to spend the majority of my time praying and seeking God for His direction in my life and do less activities relying only on God’s approval and not man’s comments whether good or bad.” “It is important to understand that we answer to God not people.” She said. “To just be busy and try to impress is not spiritual you only wear yourself out!” “If you are allowing God to do the work no one should burn out.”

The next question I asked Jane was, “If you were going to encourage the pastor’s wives what would you encourage them with”? “To encourage each of you” she said, “I would say that God has made you unique.” “He has already equipped you with all you need to accomplish all He wants you to do.” “Remember, He does the work you are to be obedient and call upon Him, read His Word and allow Him to lead in your home and in your parish.”

I asked Jane to share a favorite Bible verse that meant a lot to her now. She said, “There are so many verses that God has opened up to me but I really love I John 1:17. “But IF we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from All sins.”

Thank you Jane for these encouraging words and may we be women seeking after God.